Why is my portfolio overspending/underspending?
Underspending portfolio: the portfolio spends less budget than desired
There a several reasons why the Ad Optimizer is not able to spend all the budget as desired. Here's an overview of what can be done:
- Add further campaigns to scale up the costs efficiently
- Increase the TACoS if the current settings are limiting the performance (ACoS higher or equal to the TACoS)
-> see “How to adjust the Target ACoS of a campaign?”
- Review the keywords and make sure that we cover all relevant terms; add additional ones if necessary
Overspending portfolio: the portfolio spends more budget than desired
There a several reasons why the Ad Optimizer spends more budget as desired. However, with our optimization, this will only happen on single days. The Ad Optimizer automatically reacts and decreases spending on the following days. Here's an overview of what can be done:
- Too little budget -> increase the budget on portfolio level.
- Too many campaigns -> focus on certain products/campaigns.
- Keywords -> which keywords are driving the costs? Identify and set negatively if irrelevant.
For further information on potential performance issues and how to solve them, refer to this article: Performance Issues