You have access to Campaign Insights Report via https://ad-optimiser.metoda.com/report. You can login with your metoda account (email and password).
- As Amazon does not grant access to live performance data, the costs/revenues shown for the current day and the day before are not yet final and should not be included in performance analysis.
- Only keywords which have generated at least one click are included in our reporting. This leads to slight differences in impressions compared to Amazon, as campaigns and search terms without clicks are not included in our reporting.
The Campaign Insights report is divided into several sections:
- Development of KPIs
- Campaign Details / Search Terms & Keywords
These sections will be explained in further detail below.
Use filters in order to analyze the KPIs for a specific part of your campaigns. The KPIs in all further sections will adjust according to the filters that have been set.
|Date||Use the calendar functionality or the date picker in order to choose the period you want to analyze. Make sure to click on one specific day to adjust the date.|
|metoda created||TRUE: filters on all campaigns which are managed by metoda, meaning all campaigns starting with "m_"|
FALSE: filters on all campaigns which are not managed by metoda, meaning the ones which do not start with "m_"
|metoda state||Refers to the state on ad-optimiser.metoda.com, it is not similar to Amazon state|
- enabled: campaigns have been started and have not reached their end date yet
- paused: campaigns have been paused
- archived: campaigns have been archived
|Country_Currency||Filters by country and currency|
|Focus Keywords||Note: Available for Managed Service Customer only.|
- TRUE: only shows results for focus keywords
- FALSE: displays results for all other keywords
- ALL: default option for all keywords
|Entity||Filters by entity|
|Portfolio||Filters by portfolio|
|Campaign type||Filters by campaign type, possible types are:|
- SPA (auto)
- SPA (manual)
- SPA (target)
|Campaign tags||You can upload customer-specific campaign tags in Ad Optimiser campaign manager. These will be displayed in Campaign Insights report. You can use them as filters for e.g. product series, promotions.|
|Category tags||You can upload customer-specific category tags in Ad Optimiser campaign manager. These will be displayed in Campaign Insights report. You can use them as filters for e.g. specific product categories or promotions. They do not necessarily need to fit to Amazon categories.|
|Product name (ASIN)||Product names and ASINs are displayed here.|
The budget section allows an overview on the development of budgets and spendings over time.
1. The table shows all budget periods within the time period which was selected in the filter area. Time elapsed (in %) and budget spent (in %) should ideally be on the same level.
2. Shows the planned budget and the actually spent budget for the selected budget period over time. The algorithm recalculates planned budgets continuously, taking actual spends into account.
3. Shows whether the budget can be spent given the current TACoS settings. It ranges from 0 to 1.
- If the budget factor is below 1, this means that more budget could be spent given the current TACoS settings.
- If the budget factor is 1, this means that it is not possible to spend more budget given the current TACoS settings.
The filters selected in the first section are applied to the KPIs displayed in this section. Please note that the filter on the budget period (in the budget table) is not applied to these KPIs.
|Costs||Total amount of money that has been spent on your campaigns.|
|Revenues||Revenue attribution differs between vendors and sellers and for different campaign types: |
Vendors, SPAs: Revenue is attributed to a campaign whenever a shopper, who clicked on an ad, purchases any of your brand's products from the same category from Amazon during the 14 days after clicking the ad.
Vendors, SBAs & PDAs: Revenue is attributed to a campaign whenever a shopper, who clicked on an ad, purchases any of your brand's products from the same category from Amazon or a third-party seller during the 14 days after clicking the ad.
Sellers, SPAs: Revenue is attributed to a campaign whenever a shopper, who clicked on an ad, purchases any of the seller's products during the 7 days after clicking the ad.
Vendors, SBAs & PDAs: Revenue is attributed to a campaign whenever a shopper, who clicked on an ad, purchases any of your brand's products from Amazon or a third-party seller during the 14 days after clicking the ad.
|ACoS||Advertising cost of sales is the ratio between costs spent on ads and revenues attributed to those.|
|Impressions||Whenever an ad is displayed to a shopper, an impression occurs. The impressions KPI counts how many times your ad has been displayed.|
|Clicks||Whenever a shopper clicks on an ad, a click occurs. The clicks KPI counts how many times shoppers have clicked on an ad. You only pay for clicks, not for impressions.|
|Conversions||Whenever a shopper buys any of your products on Amazon during the 14 days after clicking your ad, a conversion occurs. The conversions KPI counts the number of products that the shoppers bought during the 14 days after clicking your ad. Beware that this might not be the product you have actually advertised, but any other of your products in the same Amazon category.|
|CTR||The click through rate (CTR) is the ratio of how often shoppers click on your ad when it is shown.|
|CR||The conversion rate is the ratio of how often shoppers buy any of your products after clicking your ad (number of conversions divided by number of clicks).|
|CPC||Average Cost-per-Click or CPC is the average amount which you have spent per click. It is calculated by dividing total spend by the total number of clicks.|
4. DEVELOPMENT OF KPIs
The same KPIs as in the KPI section are displayed here in their development over time.
5. "Campaign Details" and "Search Terms & Keywords"
The bottom section of the reporting has two views: campaign details and search terms & keywords. You can switch from one to another using the tabs below the report. By default, the dashboard tab is active and the campaign details are shown.
The campaign details section presents you with the KPIs on campaign level. A click on link brings you to the product detail page of the advertised product.
The insights section is devided into two tabs, the Dashboard and the Insights tab. You can switch between these two by clicking on the relevant tab, which you find below the insights section.
General functions of the reports
- Clicking on headlines of columns activates sorting (A-Z), clicking again sorts Z-A.
- Filtering: by clicking the desired value, click again or use the rubber symbol in order to clear filters
- Multiple selection: you can select multiple items by pressing "ctrl" on your keyboard and clicking on the items
With the help of the drill-up function (left corner above the Campaign Name) you have the possibility to view the data also on product and category level.
The Search Terms & Keywords Tab includes a section that is divided into two tables. The table in the lefthand side gives you an overview on most relevant KPIs, while the table on the righthand side shows you data on the keyword level and further KPIs. Both tables interact with each other. Moreover, by using the drill-up function you also find the data on search term level. Please note that Amazon does not provide search term data for SBAs, therefore we display keywords on search term level as well.
Within the left table you can also use the drill-up function to see the data on product and category level.
Above the tables, several buttons allow you to further analyze data.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
1. Drill-up: from campaign level, you can drill up to product level or category level.
2. Drill-down: from category level, you have two options to drill down (go straight down to next level in hierarchy or go down to the next level in hierarchy, but sorted by the elements from the upper hierarchy level).
4. Focus mode: can be used in order to zoom into a specific tabel or graph.
5. More Options:
Export data: you can download data into an Excel- or CSV-file (export can take several seconds). You have two options:
- Summarized data: data as shown in the table
- Underlying data: all data from the whole report